Our intention is that all pupils, irrespective of their background or the challenges they face, make good progress and achieve high attainment across the curriculum.
Here at The Ramsey academy we believe that the highest possible standards can only be achieved by having the highest expectations of all learners.
High quality teaching is at the heart of our approach, with the focus on areas in which disadvantaged pupils require the most support. This is proven to have the greatest impact on closing the disadvantaged attainment gap and at the same time will benefit the non-disadvantaged pupils in our school.
Students from disadvantaged backgrounds require additional support; therefore, we will use all the resources available to help them reach their full potential, including the pupil premium grant (PPG).
This document outlines the amount of funding available, the academy’s strategy for spending the PPG effectively, and the procedure for ensuring the funding is allocated correctly.
At The Ramsey Academy, our ultimate objectives for our disadvantaged pupils are to:
• Diminish the difference between disadvantaged students and their peers;
• Focus on well-being through our health and well-being offer;
• Develop character providing enriched opportunities for a cultural capital;
• Have parental engagement in all aspects of academy life, to support learning in and out of the classroom.
• Adopt a whole school approach in which all staff take responsibility for disadvantaged pupils’ outcomes and raise expectations of what they can achieve.