Monday, 30 April 2018
After the staggering success of last year, when we raised £2,000 in aid of the Smile of Arran Fund, we have chosen once again to support this cause in memory of local teenager, Arran Tosh, who sadly died from a brain tumour at 13 years old. Arran was an inspiration to everyone in the way he worked tirelessly to raise funds for Cancer UK. Please visit the website for more information about how Arran's legacy is supporting other families in need and hopefully a cure for childhood brain tumours: www.smileofarran.org
Aspiration students will be organising a range of activities at break and lunchtime.
- Daily cakes and sweet sale at break
- Basketball and netball matches Staff v Year 11 students
- Lipsync Contest and Music performances on Wednesday 2 May
- 'Busk -stop' musical entertainment around school
- A non-uniform day on Friday 4 May when students will contribute £1 for the luxury of wearing their own clothes for the day - but they need to wear something green or a hat In support of the Brain Tumour Trust.
- Sponsored walk (or run!) at lunch Friday 4 May: sponsor forms available from the House Office.
- Friday Fairground games at lunchtime - run by Aspiration tutor groups.
Monday, 29 January 2018
Key Stage 4 Options Subjects 2018 - 2020
The selection of optional subjects is one of the crucial moments in any student’s secondary education. All students have already started to complete work of GCSE standard in all their subjects, but will opt to specialise and follow a two year GCSE programme, starting in Year 10. The experience of studying some of the GCSE content in Year 9 will allow staff to give specific guidance to ensure students have the aptitude for particular subjects and allow students to make a more informed choice.
Tuesday, 12 December 2017
Long-established teacher training provider, Mid-Essex Initial Teacher Training, has been recognised as 'outstanding' in all categories by Ofsted.
Mid-Essex Initial Teacher Training (ITT) has been providing highly skilled teachers for local secondary schools for 20 years.
The Ramsey Academy, Halstead is one of 20 schools in the Mid-Essex ITT partnership which spans the county including Braintree, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Rochford and Thundersley.
Monday, 11 September 2017
We are currently working with Action for Family Carers, and are pleased to offer support session for our students.
If any student is interested please contact a member of the Young Carers Team on 01621 851640 or speak to Mrs Speechley, School Counsellor at Ramsey Academy.
Tuesday, 04 July 2017
Wednesday 5th July 5pm
Art and Technology Celebration Evening